Key benefits for humans
- High in Protein & Fibre
- Rich Variety of Minerals
- Energy & Stamina Booster
- Helps Enhance Fertility
- Balances Hormones
- Virility Enhancer
- Boosts Libido
- Arthritis—by promoting cartilage growth.
- Blood toxicity—by improving liver function.
- Diabetes—by allowing for better control over blood sugar levels and body weight.Digestive health—by combating ulcers.
- Fatigue—by increasing energy and endurance.
- Heart disease—by lowering levels of LDL "bad" cholesterol and triglycerides (a type of blood fat).
- Infertility—by stimulating production of estrogen and other hormones in women and boosting sperm count in men.
- Memory and mood—by enhancing certain brain chemicals.
- Osteoporosis—by increasing bone density.
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)—by regulating hormone levels.
- Prostate problems—by reducing prostate enlargement.
What is it?
The root of the maca (Lepidium meyenii) is shaped like a large radish. Maca has been harvested and used by humans in the Andean Mountains for centuries. Historically, maca was often traded for lowland tropical food staples, such as corn, rice, manioc (tapioca roots), quinoa and papaya. It was also used as a form of payment of Spanish imperial taxes. It is a cousin to other cruciferous plants, such as cauliflower and Brussels sprouts. In addition to its healthful fiber, complex carbohydrates and protein, maca provides numerous minerals, including calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, sulfur, iron, zinc, iodine and copper... vitamins B-1, B-2, C and E... nearly 20 amino acids, including linoleic acid, palmitic acid and oleic acid... as well as various plant sterols, which are natural cholesterol-lowering agents. All of these nutrients have been shown to promote health in a multitude of ways.
If you want to boost energy, increase libido, fight stress and reduce the risk for conditions such as diabetes or arthritis, then maca is for you. You can blend it into beverages or sprinkle on foods.
Maca has been shown to reduce enlarged prostate glands in rats. Small-scale clinical trials performed in men have shown that maca extracts can heighten libido and improve semen quality. A small double-blind, randomised, parallel group dose-finding pilot study has shown that Maca root may alleviate SSRI-induced sexual dysfunction. A recent review states "randomised clinical trials have shown that maca has favourable effects on energy and mood, may decrease anxiety and improve sexual desire. Maca has also been shown to improve sperm production, sperm motility, and semen volume."
- Vit B1, B2, B3, B6, C, D, E, P.
- Min Ca, Cu, Fe, K, Mg, Na, Zn.
- Essential Amino Acids.
So what DOESN'T Augustine approve?
Additives, chemicals, colourings, dairy, fillers, flavourings, grains, gluten, GMOs, irradiation, meat or animal by-products, MSG, preservatives, synthetics, salts & sweeteners.
Just like all our products, our Maca Powder carries the following symbols:
I have found this product to be very beneficial to me and supporting my overall health and well being. Being very active and physically fit, I have definitely noticed a difference in my endurance and energy levels. I have also found this product beneficial as an adjunct supplement and good source of vitamins B, C, and E, as well as calcium, iron and other essential amino acids. I have noticed my skin is a lot clearer and I feel better equipped in dealing with increased levels of stress. My mood swings have also definitely been better controlled during my menstrual cycle. I have also noticed some increases in my libido.